We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday restaurant

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
39 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday restaurant

I'm taking my husband to Bergerac for a surprise birthday weekend in March. Obviously I've looked at TA and have seen the various restaurant reviews, and am struggling to make a decision! I want somewhere typically French, but also that will suit my fussy diet (I don't eat red meat or pork). So I am just checking out if some of the top recommendations on TA are likely to fit these requirements - any responses are gratefully received.

Also, I'm just checking that it will be easy to find somewhere good to eat on a Sunday evening, or if many places might be closed.

Thanks in advance.

Georgia

Chateau de Monbazillac
Wineries & Vineyards, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Castles
Eglise Notre-Dame
Churches & Cathedrals
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
519 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday restaurant

In Bergerac, I can highly recommend L'Imparfait, which I've eaten at many times, in all seasons. They are consistently excellent in food and service, and they are open seven days a week. Outside Bergerac, you could go for Sunday lunch at a small village called Issigeac (head south of Bergerac for several kms on the N21, then turn left onto the D14), and you'll dine well at La Bruceliere. But they are very popular with locals for Sunday family lunch, so you'd need to book ahead. Sunday morning is market day in Issigeac, so you can combine the two. If you want a Michelin-star dining experience, you could go to La Tour des Vents, a few kms south of Bergerac, near Chateau Monbazillac. It has a great menu, and beautiful views across the vineyards towards Bergerac. But I think they only do Sunday lunch too. Most French restaurants have short menus are are very seasonally driven, so it's hard to predict what you may be offered. But they would definitely have a fish or poultry option, I'm sure.

Mentioned in this post
Issigeac
Issigeac
Dordogne, France
Bournemouth
Level Contributor
39 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday restaurant

Hello Rosemary. That is so helpful, thank you very much :-)

3. Re: Birthday restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Bergerac
Recent Conversations