We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can vegetarians eat near Les Eyzies?

London
Level Contributor
51 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Where can vegetarians eat near Les Eyzies?

It doesn't have to be a vegetarian restaurant, just one that reliably has a vegetarian option on the menu. I have trawled both tripadvisor and Michelin looking at the menus of all the recommended restaurants (taken HOURS) but it's wall-to-wall meat with the occasional fish. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,856 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can vegetarians eat near Les Eyzies?

Vegetarian in rural France is difficult at best, especially in an area so renowned for goose and duck....

I have absolutely no idea if this place is still open, or where they are, but I found this:

anti-age-bio.com/fr/…

A restaurant called La Combe in Les Eyzies -- ???

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can vegetarians eat near Les Eyzies?

Sorry Oldhanwellian but I am not sure of there is even a word for vegetarianism in SW France (I know there is, but you get my point I hope).

If you work at it you will find good veggie dishes on many menus, but as has been pointed out this IS duck/foie gras country.

I remember a post a couple of years ago about restaurants for vegans - that might help if you can find it.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can vegetarians eat near Les Eyzies?

This will be a challenge. Restaurants in the Dordogne often put duck in the SALADS, and potatoes are often sauteed in duck or goose fat. You'll have to ask how the potatoes were cooked, if you want to be careful.

That said, the more 'touristy" locations such as Les Eyzies and Sarlat will likely have a pizza place, even if it isn't listed on tripadvisor or other sites.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can vegetarians eat near Les Eyzies?

There is a pizzeria in Les Eyzies which I know does veg pizza Sarlat also has pizza restaurants other than pizza or the odd pasta dish that you will be hard pressed to find any vegetarian options in the area.

5. Re: Where can vegetarians eat near Les Eyzies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 01:26