We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive Bordeaux to Perigeux &/or Bergerac to Cazenac

Which Perigueux hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Drive Bordeaux to Perigeux &/or Bergerac to Cazenac

The question is what would be the most interesting route to take from Bordeaux -- destination Beynac de Cazenac.

We have time 24 hours) But only want to stop in either Bergerac or Perigeux overnight

Whichever is more interesting town to walk around in and the most interesting sceneryonthe way We

Don't want to visit chateaus or wineries... Prefer small art galleries or quaint streets or beautiful country scenery

We would be leaving Bordeaux June 17 early afternoon and only need to get to our destination by early afternoon on the 18th.

also would like a recommendation for a quàint B&B in center of Bordeaux.

3 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive Bordeaux to Perigeux &/or Bergerac to Cazenac

It's only about 3 hours from Bordeaux to Beynac (and it's referred to as Beynac, not Cazenac) -- so allowing yourselves 24 hours is pretty generous.

I'd go fairly quickly from Bordeaux to Bergerac (the drive between isn't all that...). Stop in Bergerac and wander the old city -- it's really charming.

Then putter your way along the river to Beynac -- it's slow, two-lane roads, but really, really beautiful.

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive Bordeaux to Perigeux &/or Bergerac to Cazenac

Thanks... That's what I will do ... I had been looking at Bergerac ... It looks really nice.

Any recommendations for a small hotel or a B&B in Bergerac?

We are not expected in Beynac till the 18th - mid afternoon .

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive Bordeaux to Perigeux &/or Bergerac to Cazenac

sorry, never spent the night there.

There's a listing up there on the left-hand side of the Bergerac page, though.

Reply to: Drive Bordeaux to Perigeux &/or Bergerac to Cazenac
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted