We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf stock sale this weekend

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Surf stock sale this weekend

Hi there, can anyone confirm or give me a link to info about the surf stock sale that I've heard along the grapevine is happening in St Jean this weekend? I could be wrong, and it could be Biarritz, but I'm fairly sure this is right, looking for any details please, finding it impossible to find anything online!

Thanks!!

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surf stock sale this weekend

Unfortunately I'm not going to be in the area this weekend. Sounds like something I would be interested in too.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a competition at Grande Plage, Biarritz on the 7th and 8th. Maybe there is a Bourse aux Surf on the sidelines.

aquitaineonline.com/surf-voile/atlantic-sess…

Otherwise if you are sure it is in Saint Jean de Luz, contact the tourist information and they should have a list of all the various sales going on.

The other option is to contact one of the surf schools and ask them (surf shops might be offended if you were to ask them instead).

Artha Surf Club is based in Erromardie and has an excellent young person's surf club which I'm sure would also be interested in potentially cheap surf equipment.

www.arthasurfclub.com

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surf stock sale this weekend

Thanks! We did find the Surf festival in Biarritz, quite by accident, but in the end avoided the surf sale as it apparently has horrendous queues. FYI though it looks like it happens every Easter weekend, apparently lots of bargains to be had (remember hearing about it last year too), maybe we'll try next year with a bit more determination!!

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surf stock sale this weekend

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely try and make it next year too.

4. Re: Surf stock sale this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Jean-de-Luz