We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day-trip St. Malo to Granite Rose coast--do-able?

Level Contributor
351 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Day-trip St. Malo to Granite Rose coast--do-able?

We're staying near St. Malo for three nights and are planning to spend one day doing St. Malo and Dinan. On the next day, I was planning to drive out to the Granite Rose coast and do a walk along the coast and beaches. Have some lunch and head back to St. Malo. Is that going to be a stretch? We have two kids (ages 8 and 14) Are bikes available for renting in that area?

UK
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day-trip St. Malo to Granite Rose coast--do-able?

It would take 2 to 2.5 hours of driving on mainly 2 lane roads. I'm sure i've seen cycle hire in Perros but can't remember where. The tourist information office should be able to help. You would have to set out early to achieve you plan. I recommend you walk/cycle part of the Sentier des Douaniers route.

Much as I love the Cote de Granit Rose area, there are coastal areas closer to St Malo such as Csp Frehel or Pointe de Grouin which you could consider.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,716 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day-trip St. Malo to Granite Rose coast--do-able?

I must agree with the previous poster, going out from St. Malo to the Cote d'Armor might be a better idea for you. Cap Frehel is particularly spectacular, with lots of walks on offer, but all the way up from Dinard there are lots of lovely beaches and peninsulas to visit.

Have you considered renting bikes at Dinan? We did this last week, you can get good sturdy bikes from down at Port du Dinan which are available for €8 per adult per half day, €4 for little people or €12 for adults for 24 hours hire. From Port du Dinan you can cycle down or up the Rance which is flat and very beautiful.

3. Re: Day-trip St. Malo to Granite Rose coast--do-able?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2009, 05:28