We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which cabin, inside outside 2 berth 4 berth??????

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which cabin, inside outside 2 berth 4 berth??????

Is anybody familiar with Brittany Ferries??

Im just booking our Plymouth Roscoff ferry for 20th June what is the difference between the inside and out side cabins and the 2 berth and 4 berth etc etc I really dont know which one to go for??!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,502 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which cabin, inside outside 2 berth 4 berth??????

An outside cabin has windows looking out of the ship. An inside cabin has no windows.

A 2-berth cabin has beds for 2 people. A 4-berth cabin has beds for 4 people.

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which cabin, inside outside 2 berth 4 berth??????

haha thankyou, as i guessed, but is there any difference in comfort or size or decor, i.e is it worth spending the extra???

UK
Level Contributor
152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which cabin, inside outside 2 berth 4 berth??????

If you can afford Commodore Class and particularly for an overnight crossing you get 'real' beds rather than bunks, a TV and tea/coffee facilities other than that others are all much the same.

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which cabin, inside outside 2 berth 4 berth??????

Thankyou thats great help, yes I think we'll just go for the standard cabin, its only really somewhere for my husband to have a sleep as we're doing the 8am crossing from Plymouth to Roscoff and he'll be driving down from Manchester through the night setting off around 2am so he'll need a sleep before we arrive in France.

Is there anything much for myself and 22 month old girl toddler to do onboard whilst hubby sleeps??!!

Rogerstone
Level Contributor
201 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which cabin, inside outside 2 berth 4 berth??????

From memory the sailing lasts about 6 hours during the day which can seem quite a long time to keep a child occupied! There are childrens play areas with a climbing frame / soft ball pit for them to play in, and usually colouring equipment and occasionally a dedicated member of staff to play with groups of small children.

During high season there is emtertainment in the bar area but I wouldn't be sure about that so early in the morning!

There are 2 small cinemas and they always have a film suitable for children but your child may be too young to enjoy that.

Food - plenty of options which can take up some of your time. And of course shopping to keep you occupied!

When we have travelled with our young children I have found the cabin a blessing as there is somewhere secure to return to when they inevitably het tired and bored. We have tended to go for the larger cabins with more room and facility to make a cup of tea and watch the TV. Commodore class also have DVD players which can while away an hour or so.

And if you decide not to drive down during the night there are the usual chain hotels very near the port which is what we do if not taking a night crossing - quite nice to arrive on the ferry and have a decent breakfast which can take up some of the time.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

HK
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Which cabin, inside outside 2 berth 4 berth??????

If we have 2 people traveling and require a 2-berth cabin, when making a booking via internet should we enter 1 or 2 cabins for a 2-berth cabin. We are confused with the number.

Rogerstone
Level Contributor
201 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which cabin, inside outside 2 berth 4 berth??????

Just 1 cabin as they have 2 beds

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which cabin, inside outside 2 berth 4 berth??????

I found these posts very helpful as like the original poster I am travelling with my other half and 2 little ones (age 3 and 2) on the 8am Plymouth - Roscoff ferry in a few weeks. We can't stay in Plymouth the night before as I'm working. I have just found out the cabins are reduced on daytime crossings, so we managed to book an outside 4 berth with TV and tea/coffee for just £35. The person who helpfully posted about having somewhere to go to if the youngsters are playing up is a very wise person indeed!!!! Not to mention the fact after a 4am start we'll all need a siesta :-)

9. Re: Which cabin, inside outside 2 berth 4 berth??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Brittany
Recent Conversations