We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

october weather dinan, st malo, paimpol?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
october weather dinan, st malo, paimpol?

What type of temperature and rainfall should we expect the last 2 weeks in October in Dinan, Dinard, St Malo,Paimpol area?

How frequently and how long on a day to day basis during this part of October does it rain as concerns the 8.29cm/3.15 inches average for this area?

Does the temperature average 60/48 or is there a wider variation?

Is Rennes weather similiar?

Essex
Level Contributor
27,480 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: october weather dinan, st malo, paimpol?

It rains about 6 times a day for at least 4 hours at a time!

Come on artnuvo, I can't really believe you are asking this. The weather will do what the weather will do and you will have to cope with it.

You are committed to your trip now anyway, so take some waterproof kit some warm layers, and just get on with it.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,281 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: october weather dinan, st malo, paimpol?

Whether it's rain or temperature, an average is an average. Daily variations occur so there is no way we can predict what you would get for your intended dates. My only comment is you will probably get more overcast skies the later you go.

Washington state
Level Contributor
681 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: october weather dinan, st malo, paimpol?

since you're asking such truely unanswerable questions, I'll give you some answers that don't attempt to represent anything but my experience:

3 yrs ago: 4 days in June in central Brittany, north and south coasts: rained the whole time and cold.

this summer: 6 days in July in central Brittany, uplands and south coast: rained almost the entire time, fairly mild.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: october weather dinan, st malo, paimpol?

yes I now theer is variability with weather and 3 inches average overall for Brittany region suggests a lot of rain in ootober so I was trying to get a handle on if it was more likely tha n not that we would have largely rainy days the last 2 weeks of october on this stretch of very scenic brittany coast.

thanks all.

5. Re: october weather dinan, st malo, paimpol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 17:16