We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

campsites in France

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
campsites in France

Can anyone reccomend a great 4 star or 5 star family campsite in France , preferably north of la rochelle / les sable d'olonne, as we'll get of at roscoff and don't fancy a huge drive. We stayed at les muettes in brttrany for the last two years and the kids loved the kiddies clubs but we're looking to move on this year.... Great slides and pools are a must...any ideas?

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: campsites in France

Hi RunnerB135, just found your post and would thoroughly recommend Point St Gilles in Benodet, you can read my review for detailed information but i have to say we loved our two weeks there! Great pool complex and just at the entrance there is a lovely family friendly beach! It's less than two hours drive from Roscoff and we def have plans to go back!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: campsites in France

Have a look at this site - www.ukcampsite.co.uk - for campsites in Brittany with unbiased reviews.

Click on 'Other Countries' (at the side of the UK map), then on 'France', then 'Brittany.

La Pointe St Gilles is about half way down page 2 with 18 reviews.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: campsites in France

Hi Keith, good advice! You told me about ukcampsite website before and i found it very helpful!Thankyou. It had reviews for campsites which trip advisor didnt! A great place to start for advice. I also found www.campingandcaravanning.co.uk helpful

4. Re: campsites in France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 16:23