I am looking to book a ferry for next summer and wanted to ask for advice about options to consider.
I appreciate there are some existing posts cover some of the points I am asking about the key points of this post is the best way to octane the best price/options from Brittany ferries or any other provider that are suggested.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Some thoughts below:-
• we are a family of four with two adults and two young children
•we will be camping and therefore wish to drive and not fly (our precise camping destination in Brittany has not yet been decided)
• We may be travelling with some additional families so possibly up to about five or six cars
• We all live just north of London so would be looking to travel from the likes of Portsmouth or similar most probably to St. Malo but we are open for other considerations
• We like the option of staying in an overnight cabin on the way out and no cabin on the return but are open to any option
• Initial research indicates that Brittany ferries are likely to be the best option
Assuming the BF comment above is the best option, does anyone have any comment as to the bet way to obtain the best prices? Some further comments below.
• Is there a best time of year to book i.e. six months in advance
• Are there any third-party companies that offer discounts to their members for ferry travel such as being a member of the RAC or any other organisation
• are there any suggested ways of obtaining a lower price than simply booking with Brittany ferries directly (is it the case that Brittany ferries offer discounts at certain times of the year etc)
Thanks in advance.