We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Normany-Brittany

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary Normany-Brittany

Hi,

Please comment my itinerary. We will got to France in early October, for 9 days. We will rent a car at Paris airport and head to Normandy and then brittany. We do not want to travel more than 200 -250 km daily.

1. Paris - Giverny, arrive to Giverny late in the evening

2. Excursion of Monet Garden - travel to Rouen- sleep in Etretat?

3. See Etretat (the Coast) and Honfeur, move to Bayeux, sleep in Bayeux. (maybe we should see just one of these cities- however, I cant decide which one)

4. travel from Bayeux to Mt. Saint Michel - one day here- in evening travel to St. Malo/Dinard

5. Spend 2 days in St. Malo, Dinard, Dinan

6. travel to Morlaix or Paimpol - not decided which one is better

7. travel to Quimper and Quiberon (sleep in one of these)

8. Travel to Vannes or Nantes (sleep in one of these)

9. As from Nantes to Paris is a long way - we will stop near Blois for one night and would like to see Chambord and Chenonceau

10 travel to Paris and spent last 3 nights in Paris

Finland
Level Contributor
845 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Normany-Brittany

Sounds good. My choices would be Paimpol and Vannes. Btw 250 km is a piece of cake on toll roads and not bad on secondary roads either.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,151 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Normany-Brittany

I think it looks OK too. You can do Saint-Malo and Dinard in one day so I would combine Dinan with Paimpol and then go from Paimpol to Vannes.

The only thing I would say is that you are moving around quite a bit and covering a lot of ground when any of the places you chose to visit could be used as a base to explore the environs of that place for several days. For example, just using Saint-Malo/Dinan/Dinard as an example there is quite a bit that could keep you occupied for over a week in this area. Here is a photo report I wrote about spending 5 days exploring that area and I still didn't see nearly everything in this area: http://tinyurl.com/86s4v8f

If you want to see a similar photo report about exploring near Quiberon (The Gulf of Morbihan area) for a week then you can look at this report: http://tinyurl.com/2555vaf

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Normany-Brittany

I'd agree with F_M, might be best to have a base or two to explore from rather than dot around so much. I would also say go for Paimpol, it is lovely & loads to fill a week in that area let alone a day.

4. Re: Itinerary Normany-Brittany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 06:21