We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Telgruc Sur Mer

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Telgruc Sur Mer

Can anybody tell me what this place is like, we have booked a week in May through Britanny Ferries, but Ive only just realised its on the Crozon Penninsula and Im not sure if I really want to stay so near to the Nuclear depot.

Mentioned in this post
Crozon
Crozon
Finistere, France
Northants, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Telgruc Sur Mer

It's beautiful - quite wild and very sparsely populated. I was not aware of any nuclear depot?

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Telgruc Sur Mer

In the sixties, General de Gaulle decided to install the base of the missile-launching nuclear submarines [SNLE] on Ile Longue, a part of the Presqu’île de Crozon. Today, the Navy and the Army, which is charged with protecting the installations, occupy about 750 ha, almost 3% of the peninsula. The sites directly connected to nuclear materials are Ile Longue (123.9 ha), Guenvénez (170 ha) and the îles de Trébéron (3.8 ha) and aux Morts (1.3 ha) [Perrin 95]. I didnt realise Telgruc Sur Mer was so near. I dont think you are allowed too close though.

Mentioned in this post
Crozon
Crozon
Finistere, France
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Telgruc Sur Mer

Dear Lalli

Te presqu iles de crozon is wild and lovely the only area where you will notice it is when you will cross the pont de terennez and you will see the cimetery of boats, its an area where they let the boat.

Otherwise l iles longue is not accessible by the public but to be honest you wont be affected.

The only thing about being in crozon is you are at the point so far from the rest but if you enjoy long walks you will be fine you are also very close to quimper and douarnenez which I recommand

Eric

the Hague
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Telgruc Sur Mer

A most beautiful beach and lots of lovely towns and walks. Go to Morgat and Camaret sur Mer, Pentrez, which are all nearby. You've picked a lovely place to go.

5. Re: Telgruc Sur Mer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 03:18