We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storing luggage in Rennes railway station

Which Rennes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Storing luggage in Rennes railway station

My family of 5 will be taking a train from Paris to Rennes and then renting a car for two days in Normandy after spending 4 days in Paris. We are trying to rent a smaller car in Rennes (because most of our bags will be filled with dirty laundry). Question: Can I store luggage for 2 days in the Rennes train station?

boston
Level Contributor
330 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Storing luggage in Rennes railway station

I just recently stored luggage in Montparnasse station in Paris and found that the useful name for this storage area is something like 'consignee.' One place to check for this information might be the sncf website (it is in French but there might be an English option...)

boston
Level Contributor
330 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Storing luggage in Rennes railway station

I have since found the information on the sncf-voyages website - yes, there is a consigne department in the Rennes train station. The sncf-voyages website has all the information and if you look carefully on the main page, there is a flag in the lower left-hand corner that you can click on so you can see the information in English.

Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Storing luggage in Rennes railway station

Thanks for the info!

Bournemouth, UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Storing luggage in Rennes railway station

It is located at the bottom of the escalators (next to the way out North, which is the most popular one.