We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay

NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay

I will be visiting Brittany this summer for about 5 days and was planning on staying neat Mont St Michel but after reading how touristy it is I think perhaps it's better to stay in St Malo. Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay with awesome views?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,772 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay

Try:

www.ownersdirect.co.uk

We have had several gites from this site and never had a bad one (plus tends to be pretty cheap).

essex
Level Contributor
162 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay

Have you looked at Dinan, stayed ther this year, yes you do have tourists but it did not feel over touristy and retained a special feel.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,772 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay

Just to add to EssexGizzy's post and say I also loved Dinan. St-Malo is lovely for a visit, but Dinan is beautiful and has more overall.

We stayed in a gite in the port area in 2009, which was a lovely spot and very quiet.

Northern Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,150 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay

I second the shout for "owners direct", much cheaper than the big rental companies.

5. Re: Place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2011, 05:21