We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to St. Malo Brittany??

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Cheapest way to St. Malo Brittany??

Hello,

I need to get to St.Malo in France from the UK. I have checked Brittany Ferries and they are fully booked already around the dates in August I need to get there. Please could somebody recomend a cheap route? I've never been before what other ferries could I consider from London or which airlines. I can't even find the nearest airport and St. Malo doesn't seem to have one, am I right? thank you

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to St. Malo Brittany??

Check Ryanair to Dinard.

Otherwise your least expensive option would probably be Eurolines coach to Paris and TGV from there but you may have missed all the cheap TGV tickets. Check www.tgv-europe.com

Good luck!

Bradford, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to St. Malo Brittany??

I assume you are on public transport......if you were driving you would have a lot of options.

I Don't think you will get a cheap ferry route in August. Your alternative options direct to St Malmo from the UK are with Condor ferries (probably via the channel islands) departing from Portsmouth, Poole, or Weymouth.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest way to St. Malo Brittany??

The nearest airport is Dinard and as the other posters have said try Condor Ferries, too.

4. Re: Cheapest way to St. Malo Brittany??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 14:18