We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Terminal in St Malo

Which Saint-Malo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Emerald...
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Terminal in St Malo

Leaving St Malo early morning to Jersey Island, on the Ferry.

Any tips on finding the terminal early morning? How long should we allow to come from Ponteson, where we are staying the night prior? Is it easy to find?

Also, we are coming back late the next day, any ideas on where we could stay that night - should we just drive out of the city and find somewhere - or do you suggest we book?

Thanks.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,645 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Terminal in St Malo

The journey from Pontorson to St-Malo is about 40-45 mins (by car). The ferry terminal is very easy to find, just keep on the D137 and then turn on to the Quai du Val - you will find the Terminal du Ferry Naye clearly signposted along the way, too.

I think I would book somewhere is you are arriving back in France very late on; Dinan is lovely and about 30 mins drive from St-Malo.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Terminal in St Malo

You could consider staying in St-Malo itself, the intra muros part of the city is really lovely.

Emerald...
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Terminal in St Malo

Thanks everyone - any suggestions for in St Malo?? easy to find which has an area for a car park?

JennySki
Level Contributor
25 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry Terminal in St Malo

Hi there - I would say get a Sat Nav though - invaluable we have found !

And yes just watch that the hotel has easy access for cars - I would think some of the intra muros hotels dont have access. There are also hotels along the beach area though.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry Terminal in St Malo

Depending on your budget, an easy option is the Oceania - 5 mins from the ferry, underground parking, and an easy stroll into the old walled city in the evening for food and entertainment

www.oceaniahotels.com/hotel-oceania-st-malo

we've stayed a few times - can't fault it.

Emerald...
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry Terminal in St Malo

Thanks so much... Am I looking for escale or just Oceania?

Johnston, Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry Terminal in St Malo

Heading to Guernsey from St Malo. Anyone have any idea of the parking cost per day at St Malo Ferry terminal ?

8. Re: Ferry Terminal in St Malo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 05:16