We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St malo day room

Kingston-upon-Hull...
14 posts
Save Topic
St malo day room

I am travelling from jersey to st malo in August and then onto Paris. I will have 5 hours between arriving and the train leaving for Paris and was hoping to have a look around but we will have 3 large suitcases. I have contacted the ferry company and there is no left luggage facilities and I believe there are none at the train station. Does anyone know if you can hire a room for the day just to leave the cases in or will we just have to drag them around with us?.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,660 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St malo day room

saint-malo-tourisme.co.uk/saint-malo-uk/cont…

There's a contact page for the St Malo tourist office here^^

Why not send them a n enquiry via theor pro-forma and see if they can suggest anything for you.

Up to a point, I do think it is possible that an Hotel would rent you a day-room for storage, BUT that would depend on an individual hotel, so such a service could take a bit of finding....

Kingston-upon-Hull...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St malo day room

Hi

Yes I have emailed the tourist office so I will see what they suggest.

Thanks

Kingston-upon-Hull...
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St malo day room

So this was the reply from the tourist office.

Good afternoon,

We are sorry but unfortunetaly there is no left luggages at Saint-Malo.

The only thing that you could do, it is to try inside a pub if you take a drink.

Kind Regards

Essex
Level Contributor
27,660 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St malo day room

Oh well.....

At least you tried, sorry my suggestion did not bear fruit.

Next step is e-mail some hotels, I suppose, good luck.

le mont st michel
Level Contributor
38 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St malo day room

Flash some cash in one of the cheap hotels - one of the receptionists will help if you make it worth their while! There are plenty of hotels near the train station. Good luck!

Norwalk, CT
Level Contributor
3 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St malo day room

I was wondering the same thing, as we're considering taking the overnight ferry out of St Malo to England. If we have to drop off our rental car before the rental office closes about 5 or 6 PM, and the ferry doesn't start boarding until about 10 PM, that gives puts us out on the streets for 4-5 hours with luggage.

Granted, we try to travel light, so it wouldn't be too bad in nice weather, but if it happens to be raining it could be a real pain.

I suppose a long, leisurely restaurant dinner would be the solution?

7. Re: St malo day room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2015, 06:17