We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dijon road works and driving to train station from Beaune?

Australia
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Dijon road works and driving to train station from Beaune?

I have been reading comments about how much road works are going on in Dijon. We will have a rental car, and I think we will return it in Dijon for the 3 nights we have in the city. Given the road works, how difficult would it be to drive to the train station in Dijon (to return the car there)? We will be coming from Beaune. I would appreciate some advice on this.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
6,330 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dijon road works and driving to train station from Beaune?

Based on our experience-- somewhat difficult (see my trip report for the harrowing details). Get clear directions from the rental car agency in Dijon before embarking on this drive. Don't just rely on Google Maps; we printed out directions but they were useless from the moment we got off the freeway (from Beaune), as the offramp was torn up.

Can you drop the car off in Beaune without incurring a lot of extra charges? I think there are lots of trains each day from Beaune to Dijon.

Beaune, France
Level Contributor
444 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dijon road works and driving to train station from Beaune?

The train station in Dijon is at the centre of the works, avoid if at all possible. Return the car in Beaune and take the train to Dijon - I am resident in the area and avoid the station at all costs.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dijon road works and driving to train station from Beaune?

Thank you! I will take your advice and leave the car in Beaune. I will check the train timetable between Beaune and Dijon. We plan to have 3 nights in Dijon and hope the road works are not too much of a problem. Thank you again.

Dijon, France
Level Contributor
801 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dijon road works and driving to train station from Beaune?

Trains are very frequent between Beaune and Dijon.

Schedule on http://www.voyages-sncf.com/ a one way ticket is 7.20€.

From the station you'll mainly see roadworks till you get to Place Darcy. Further East down on Rue de la Liberté no works at all.

check thismap cotedor.fr/files/…cartetram-hd-1280px.jpg

Australia
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dijon road works and driving to train station from Beaune?

Dearr Happyindijon - is the map showing the road works? Thanks about the train schedule. Much appreciated.

Dijon, France
Level Contributor
801 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dijon road works and driving to train station from Beaune?

You're welcome! You can see the future lines on this map Then you may imagine all the road works along them.

7. Re: Dijon road works and driving to train station from Beaune?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2012, 10:22