We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Burgundy

Bucks
Level Contributor
42 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Burgundy

Does the weather in late June differ much from one part of Burgundy to another? Looking at the map, it's a big area, so I wondered if the weather is likely to be warmer and drier in the southern part of the region. We are hoping to rent somewhere with a pool, so it would be nice not to waste it!

Beaune, France
Level Contributor
425 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Burgundy

It seems to, we live near Beaune and when ever we visit our friends 90 mins north in Chablis, we always feel cold. By the same token it feels warmer near Lyon, only a gut feeling though nothing scientific. With the rubbish weather last year in Burgundy though, nowhere was warm enough to use a pool before July.

Bucks
Level Contributor
42 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Burgundy

Ouch - hope this year is better. I think I'll concentrate on looking for somewhere in Saone et Loire, down the Macon end of the region. Thanks for your help.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Burgundy

Even if the average temperature in, say, Macon is higher than in Auxerre it will only be by a degree or so and factors such as altitude and aspect are likely to be as significant as latitude. Of course averages have little bearin on the weather in any particular week.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
229 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Burgundy

I was in Burgundy in 2011 and 2012, both time in late May/early June; in '11 it rained a ton and was chilly when we stayed in Mont St. Jean. However in '12 we rented a house with a pool and used it almost every day; we were only slightly further south, staying near Cluny.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Burgundy

Last summer, we rented a house with a pool just south of Chalon-sur-Saone for the last two weeks of June and the first two weeks of July. The first two weeks were absolutely too cold for the pool, but who knows what will happen this year.

6. Re: Weather in Burgundy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 05:21