We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants in auxerre area

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants in auxerre area

We are interested in great little restaurants in the general area -- we will be staying near Avallon in Moulin des Ruats but would like to venture out for dinner. We thought their restaurant was so-so.

Cathedrale Saint-Etienne
Historic Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Vieille Ville
Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Clock Tower
Observation Decks & Towers, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Bradford, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants in auxerre area

As you've posted on Auxerre - consider Les Clairions. An easy to find modern hotel / restaurant with parking in the north suburbs with good cousine. Not cheap but not overpriced for the quality. Also check out the wine list, quality selection at acceptable prices.

http://www.clairions.com/en/2_1.html

Cambridge, Ma
Level Contributor
187 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants in auxerre area

I have stayed several times at the Moulin. I love that place! MFK Fisher and I had our first Truite Bleu there. A dish that is difficult to find because the fish must me cooked live. In Avallon there is a bistro but cannot remember the name and we enjoyed the food very much. The Hotel de la Poste, haven't been there in years did serve good food.

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants in auxerre area

LOL my husband had the truit bleu -- I knew what it was but he oddly didn't -- but I didn't blink as he loves sushi and I assumed he knew

we saw one arrive at another table -- in its twisted death throw posture -- ugliest thing ever -- looked like the alien that jumped out of the astronaut in the first alien movie

while we were contemplating that and wondering what it was -- his alien arrived

apparently tasty but very strange looking

4. Re: restaurants in auxerre area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 06:21