We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Days in Beaune

Canterbury UK
Level Contributor
68 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
5 Days in Beaune

Hello all,

Me and my wife will be visiting Beaune in June, and are spending 5 days here, what should we do with our time, we love wine, food and cycling so any suggestions would be great, we are visiting based purely on Raymond Blancs programme on the BBC recently and fell in love with the atomosphere and food!!!

Any restaurants we have to try??

sydney
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 5 Days in Beaune

I think I want to go there now-can I ask out there how long is the drive from Orly Airport? -sorry Daz am jumping in on your forum!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 5 Days in Beaune

I just saw your posting for the first time and you may be on your trip now. I wanted to strongly recommend a day trip from Beaune to Autun, stopping along the way at local vineyards and chateaux. Rochepot has an old chateau formerly owned by a Burdundian nobleman who was quite famous as a dipolmat who negotiated a peace treaty between the French and English. The area is really beautiful and perfect distance for a great day trip.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 5 Days in Beaune

We have had 5 visits to Beaune & love it more on each visit. I can recommend le-jardin-des-remparts.com/fr/gastronomie-Be…

le jardin des remparts - it's a lovely restaurant & they do a special lunch fixed price menu which is excellent value.

Another favourite is Aupres du Clocher in Pommard.

I would also recommend Tasteburgundy.com for a very personalised wine tour. Cristina has an amazing knowledge of wine.

You will enjoy Beaune even more if you include a Saturday visit to the produce markets (don't forget your camera)

The Hospices de Beaune is truly unique architecture - an absolute must.

If you need accommodate I can recommend Clos Paradis - which is listed on Tripadvisor - it's a 2 level luxury duplex in heart of Beaune.

You won't be disappointed

Edited: 05 August 2012, 07:56
sydney
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 5 Days in Beaune

thanks so much;will investigate!

15. Re: 5 Days in Beaune

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 02:16