We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinrary help

Alabama
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Itinrary help

We are coming for 10 days with itinerary for Paris and then either Aix en Provence or Beaune. Any advice? We are not huge museum types, but we enjoy, scenery, strolling, dining etc.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
10,250 posts
515 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinrary help

You know, Sugar, these are located in two different regions of France (Provence vs. Burgundy) with quite a different vibe to each. It is comparable to asking whether you should visit California or Oregon. Sure, same country but so very different. It will ultimately be your call. I doubt anyone would want to take such responsibility on oneself :)

I assume that this will be your first trip to France, yes? Is it 10 nights on land, or including the one in flight? How long will you stay in Paris? When will you be traveling? Did you secure airfare yet or still thinking? I also assume that you will rent a car, yes? And you have a gudiebook and a map, so that you can appreciate the lay of the land. Finally, how did you come up with these two options: Beaune or Aix? Something about them that called your name?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinrary help

Also, scenery of course is very different in Provence as opposed to Burgundy, as well as the weather, Aix is a much larger city than Beaune and therefore much more to see and do. Also, both are great wine producing areas. So, I would say it depends on the time of year and how much you want to do.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,221 posts
458 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinrary help

I've been to both and love both.

I wouldn't call Aix a big city!

In either one you'd visit other nearby towns and the countryside.

In any event the real question is Burgandy or Provence so I agree tough call.

Both are great. What month/ season? Burgandy has great wineries and countryside.

Provence has the beach and marinas to the south and perched villages. And wineries. Aix is Italian/Mediteranean in feel.

Car or no car?

4. Re: Itinrary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 05:17