We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinner near Dijon Ville station?

California
Level Contributor
324 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
dinner near Dijon Ville station?

Hello all! We would love to have a nice dinner after we drop off the rental car and before we board the overnight train to Venice. I see that we can store our luggage at the station and pick it up in the office after 7:15. Is there a restaurant within walking distance of the station? Any recommendations? Two adults, love wine, flexible budget - hey, it's my vacation!

Merci beaucoup.

Dijon, France
Level Contributor
800 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dinner near Dijon Ville station?

On place Darcy when you head to the center, there is the restaurant of Hotel du Nord (restaurant de la Porte Guillaume) with good Burgundian cuisine (I think they also have a wine bar). Also near St Benigne church, le Gril'Laure 8, Place Saint-Bénigne.

Otherwise the brasserie La Grande Taverne 22, Avenue Maréchal Foch has good reviews and you'll just have to cross the street from the station.

Welcome to Dijon, even for such a short stay!

California
Level Contributor
324 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dinner near Dijon Ville station?

Merci, happyindijon, that is exactly the information I needed. Many thanks!

Sausalito
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: dinner near Dijon Ville station?

You mentioned in your posting that luggage storage is avialable at the Dijon rail station. Can you provide particulars? Thank you.

California
Level Contributor
324 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dinner near Dijon Ville station?

We did not end up leaving our luggage at the station, but took the advice of the wonderful owner of the castle where we were staying in Beaujolais (Pramenoux). He recommended we park the car in the rental company's lot at the station, leave our luggage in the car, keep our keys, have dinner in town, then return to the station, retrieve the luggage from the rental car, and drop off the keys. It all worked perfectly!

However, there is some information about Dijon Ville Station here: raileurope.com/europe-travel-guide/france/di…

Dijon, France
Level Contributor
800 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dinner near Dijon Ville station?

mrseggs I don't know if the prices have changed this year but check what I wrote in another thread

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187111-i1319-k187…

UpgradeQueen what a good idea with the rental car! Did you find some nice restaurant in Dijon? you didn't tell us...

6. Re: dinner near Dijon Ville station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Dijon