We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus and Accommodation: Le Clos de Allouettes

Level Contributor
639 posts
26 reviews
Bus and Accommodation: Le Clos de Allouettes

We have found a vacation rental called 'Le Clos de Allouettes', which is claimed to be 1.5 km from town centre, and close to a hospital. Has anybody stayed there or noticed it during your journey?

I found it on my map, and noticed a bus stop not too far from it.

May I know whether it is near a bus stop of the only bus route running through Amboise (last time when I was there, I saw only ONE bus route, and I did took several rides on it, which was quite pleasant to do.), please?

If so, what us the frequency and servicing hours of the bus? We might return late so this is important to know.

Thanks!

Level Contributor
639 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Bus and Accommodation: Le Clos de Allouettes

Anybody is familiar with that district, please?

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Bus and Accommodation: Le Clos de Allouettes

I don't know where this accommodation is but I think it's possible that the bus line you need is Line C. You would need to check this to be sure because I can't do this for you. The timetables and other info can be obtained from this website:

tourainefilvert.com/horaires_ligne/index.asp…

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
9,058 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Bus and Accommodation: Le Clos de Allouettes

The Clos des Allouettes is a private road, about 15 minutes walk from the centre of Amboise, inevitably uphill, and it is further out than the hospital. I doubt whether bus line C would be of much help to you, while it is frequent for rural France, it isn't that frequent and the last bus runs early evening.

Level Contributor
639 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Bus and Accommodation: Le Clos de Allouettes

Thanks so much, Celestina and Becasse!

Fifteen minutes' walk is fine without luggage, if we know the way. I checked on the map and found that it seemed to be quite far (from the Tourist Office as my point of reference)...

I have actually written to ask about the transport arrangements to and from the accommodation and the Station, but the person there wrote back to tell me to get a taxi. My worry us, if I need to take a taxi twice a day, everyday, then it adds up to my cost of accommodation! I want to choose this place because of the relatively low price. Furthermore, if I am leaving for visits in the morning, how can I get a taxi???

So, the 'fifteen minutes' walk' is a pleasant walk (although uphill) or a hard one? I have young and old people in my group this time.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
9,058 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Bus and Accommodation: Le Clos de Allouettes

Amboise station is about 20 minutes walk from the town centre - on the opposite side of the Loire and in exactly the opposite direction to Le Close des Allouettes.

There is a reason the accommodation is cheap!

Level Contributor
639 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Bus and Accommodation: Le Clos de Allouettes

I know, so I think I will take a slightly less spacious and more expensive accommodation MUCH closer to the 'centre'...

Just missed one because I fell asleep for my nap before reaching out to the credit card!!!

It was close enough to the city centre, just slightly smaller than the other one close to city centre, but WAY CHEAPER!!!

Just two hours late~

😭

7. Re: Bus and Accommodation: Le Clos de Allouettes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2018, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Amboise