We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours airport to Amboise

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tours airport to Amboise

My partner and I are having two nights in Amboise in June. We are wondering if someone can let us know the easiest way to get from the airport to Amboise. Is taxi the easiest? Do you know how much that would be?

We chose to stay in Amboise as we do not want to hire a car and it looks like there is so much to see that can be managed by walking or by maybe catching a bus to a chateau.

Thank you for your help

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours airport to Amboise

Yes there are many chateau to see in the area. I would highly recommend hiring a car as it is the best way to see on your terms. What is keeping you from renting?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours airport to Amboise

We are just wanting to have a couple of relaxing days in France and do not want to do a lot of sightseeing. Amboise sounds like a nice town to experience a bit of France. We don't think we need a car since we are going to be spending most of our time in Amboise, which looks like you can get around easily by walking

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours airport to Amboise

If you don't want to hire a car, then taxi is the easiest way to get from Tours airport to Amboise.

Although I have used Tours airport many times, I have no experience of taxi fares.

Looking at the airport web site, they say that taxis await the main flights, and that the fare to Tours centre is between 15 to 30 euros. Based on that, I would guess that Amboise would be about 60 euros.

4. Re: Tours airport to Amboise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Amboise