We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Chambord in Oct/ Nov

Which Blois hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bombay
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Chambord in Oct/ Nov

Hello,

Me and my husband will be in Paris for a week - last 3 days of October and first 4 days of November, we plan to take a day trip to Chambord. I learnt on these forums that there are frequent trains from Paris to Blois.

Can anyone here provide information on transport from Blois to Chambord and back? Does the bus service run in oct / nov? What are the timings?

Is taking a taxi more reliable option? If anyone has done this in the above months please advise. Thanks.

Lunay, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Chambord in Oct/ Nov

Hello,

Yes there are trains from Paris to Blois, but maybe not that frequently. And moreover the train takes about an hour and a half. Then you'll have to catch a bus or a taxi to reach Chambord ( about 20mn more in taxi ).

Another good option could be to ask for tours to agencies that will make you a customized one ( sometimes they are very reliable and after all not much more expensive that on your own ( with no pressure and no time wasted ) : you could ask Private Loire ( they seem to make genuine private tours) or paris vision ( more group tourism in bus ).

Lastly, if you are doing a day trip to Chambord you should see other jewels of this region : Blois castle, Chaumont, Cheverny castle or even wine-makers famous in Loire.

Hope it will help you. To get the train schedule : http://www.voyages-sncf.com/

Bye bye and nice trip.

Bombay
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Chambord in Oct/ Nov

Thanks NathetNico for your detailed response. So I understand there are 2 options: Either take a train to Blois or a train to Tours. We are more specifically interested in Chambord and would like to spend more time there. If we can accommodate an additional place, that would be a bonus.

Thanks.

3. Re: Bus to Chambord in Oct/ Nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Blois
Recent Conversations