We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour de France time trial - catching train from Paris!

Which Chartres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney!
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Tour de France time trial - catching train from Paris!

We will be catching the train from Paris to see the final time trial in Chartres. We are staying on the Ile saint Louis in Paris. Can anyone tell me the best place in Paris to get the train from? Also does anyone know the timing & location for the day (I think we will try to position ourselves near the finish) I guess it would be worth being there most of the day! Can't wait! (ps - go cadel!)

Thanks in advance!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour de France time trial - catching train from Paris!

Trains for Chartres leave from Gare Montparnasse in Paris. From Île St-Louis, walk over to Île de la Cité to the Cité Metro station, take Line 4 towards Porte d'Orleans, and get off at Montparnasse-Bienvenue.

Jacksonville...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour de France time trial - catching train from Paris!

I have the same plan. Does anyone have an opinion on getting a train back to Paris after the race? Will there be too many fans trying to return at the same time?

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour de France time trial - catching train from Paris!

You should certainly expect the trains to be crowded, but it is only an hour if you have to stand.

4. Re: Tour de France time trial - catching train from Paris!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Chartres