We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malcolm Miller Retired???

Santo Domingo, DR
3 posts
Save Topic
Malcolm Miller Retired???

I heard that Malcolm has retired. I will be there in early May, and have been hoping to go with him for years. Any ideas? Mary Alice

65 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malcolm Miller Retired???

Where did you hear this? I wouldn't be surprised if he has retired or is about to.

Since you are planning to email him (your other post) maybe you could post back here with any news if you find out.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
9,269 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malcolm Miller Retired???

See this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187122-i2389-k571…

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malcolm Miller Retired???

Well, he's got to be at least 150 by now, so it wouldn't be surprising.

Chartres, France
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Malcolm Miller Retired???

I am certainly NOT 150 ! Only 79 and still very active. My daily tours of Chartres Cathedral from Easter until late October are still at 12 noon and 2.45 p.m. Not on Sundays, and during the winter occaisonally or on request.

Please beware of silly comments on internet. My e-mail address is millerchartres@aol.com for sensible replies.

Thank you,

Malcolm Miller

Edited: 24 January 2013, 21:18
Chartres, France
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Malcolm Miller Retired???

Thank you. My message is correct. malcolm Miller

Santo Domingo, DR
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Malcolm Miller Retired???

Yes, somebody gave me his email. I wrote, he answered saying that he would be working during the days that I am there, andthat he has NOT retired. Jubilee??? Thank you for your help.

Troy
Level Contributor
221 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malcolm Miller Retired???

I'm extremely HAPPY to hear that the rumors are false. My husband and I will be in Paris in September and plan on taking a day trip to Chartres specifically to see the cathedral and for his tour!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,612 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malcolm Miller Retired???

Go Malcolm!!! We enjoyed your tour/lecture several years ago and are delighted that you are stilling doing this work you obviously love and are so marvelously suited for. It was a great experience.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malcolm Miller Retired???

Well, goodness me. I've been on at least 20 MM tours, and the last time I went he seemed to be about retirement age, so good to hear he's still at it.

Chicago
Level Contributor
8,126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Malcolm Miller Retired???

Attended countless lectures of Mr. Miller's in Chicago, and had the wonderful experience of a private tour about ten years ago in Chartres.

Wonderful news. TA has been taken to a new level

Reply to: Malcolm Miller Retired???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted