We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi to château de Maintenon

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
110 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
taxi to château de Maintenon

Is it possible to take a taxi from Chartres to château de Maintenon? If so, could you please let me know how much a taxi would cost? I know that we can take a train from Chartres to château de Maintenon, but a taxi would be much more convenient for the four of us.

Thank you for your assistance

Chartres Cathedral
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Churches & Cathedrals
Tower of Chartres Cathedral
Architectural Buildings, Churches & Cathedrals
Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,933 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi to château de Maintenon

It's certainly possible to take a taxi there. I don't know how much it would cost but you can call/e-mail any of the taxi companies in Chartres and I'm sure they'll tell you the cost. There are two taxi service companies right in front of the train station. The tourist office will also assist with taxi help.

Look at this link from the French yellow pages and you'll find the numbers of taxi companies there and a map that shows you where they are located:

www.pagesjaunes.fr/annuaire/chartres-28/taxis

I don't know where you're going after Maintenon but the train station is about a 1 to 1-1/2 kilometers from the château. You can use the French yellow pages to find a taxi company in Maintenon if you need to:

pagesjaunes.fr/trouverlesprofessionnels/…

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
110 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi to château de Maintenon

Thank you very much. That was most helpful.

cherry hill,nj
Level Contributor
132 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi to château de Maintenon

did you take a taxi? If so, what did it cost? How much time did it take? I will be in Paris in March and am interested in going to Chartes and chateaux de Maintenon.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,933 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi to château de Maintenon

Unless there is a specific reason you need a taxi then just take the train from Chartres to Maintenon and then continue on back to Paris from there. Or you can do Maintenon first and then go to Chartres. Whichever you prefer. You can use www.capitainetrain.com to check schedules and prices. If you can read French then use www.voyages-sncf.com for schedules and prices.

5. Re: taxi to château de Maintenon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2016, 05:15