We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canoeing

Which Loches hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Canoeing

We are staying near Loches for a week in June and would like to spend a day canoeing on the Loire river. Can anyone advise on where we can rent a canoe?

Thanks

Terry

5 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
102 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canoeing

I have a related question for our September trip. I have been in canoes on lakes where there is no current and have thought of canoeing for a day on the Loire. Is the current the Loire very strong?

MD
Level Contributor
694 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canoeing

Start your search here:

http://www.experienceloire.com/canoeing.htm

Linthicum, MD
Level Contributor
527 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canoeing

There was a place to rent canoes in Chinon. My husband is a kayaker and wanted to get out on the river when we were there last spring. But there was a lot of rain and wind, and water levels were quite high and the current was strong. I think this was normal for the time of year. I'm not sure what the situation is in the fall.

Angers, France
Level Contributor
869 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Canoeing

Hi

There are possibilities in Saumur :

www.ot-saumur.fr/Nautisme-Canoe_r32.html

Also near Angers, on the Loire and the Louet, an arm of the Loire

http://www.louetevasion.com/ On their site, they propose departures from Saumur.

On the Loire the current is not too strong, there are many tourist who do canoing on the Loire without any problem. The main difficulty in fact is the wind and the fact that there is not current every where. It's more tiring than on the Dordogne or the Ardèche. Bathing is theoricaly forbidden. On the Louet it's possible.

Edited: 02 February 2017, 10:29
Angers, France
Level Contributor
869 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Canoeing

On the site of louetevasion, in "téléchargements", you have card of many canoe spots, even in Tours.

louetevasion.com/wa_files/fiche_20rivie_CC_8…

Reply to: Canoeing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Loches