We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near A10 exit to Tours

Melbourne
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near A10 exit to Tours

Does anyone know the name of a hotel near the A10 exit to Tours? I stayed there in 1995 and it was excellent for touring because it had its own large private car park and was right away from the city (on the north side). I have looked at all the hotels on TA but can't seem to find one where it should be. It also had an excellent restaurant which is just the thing after a long day doing the chateaux.

Any help appreciated since I'd like to stay there again in June.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near A10 exit to Tours

There are 5 exits from the A10 in the Tours area; Tours Nord (exit 19), Sainte Radegonde (exit 20), Tours Centre (exit 21), Saint Avertin (exit 22), and Chambray les Tours (exit 23).

If you stayed in the north of the city, then it seems like Tours North or Sainte Radegonde. Do you remember if it was on the banks of the Loire river. There are several hotels along the north bank of the Loire, accessed from exit 20.

Was it near the airport, which apart from civilian flights, is also a French Air Force base with frequent training flights in Alphajets. In which case it would probably have been Tours Nord.

Was it a big expensive hotel, or a smaller cheaper hotel. There are several smaller hotels around the Tours Nord exit.

Bear in mind also that hotels can change there names as they come under new ownership.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near A10 exit to Tours

thank you - I had thought it was on the north side and think I've found it - the Mercure Tours Nord. It didn't have any sort of view but was just so convenient with its car park (for those touring by car) and its proximity to the autoroute.

thanks for your help.

3. Re: Hotel near A10 exit to Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 01:17