We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours to La Baule

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Tours to La Baule

Will be driving from Tours to La Baule in July. Does anyone know of any points of interest, or interesting little towns to see along the way?

In addition to the water, are there any really good sights to see while there? Just meandering and enjoying the sea-side will be wonderful, but I thought I would ask the experts and other travellers for some suggestions.

Many thanks, ~Marniewdc

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours to La Baule

Using the A85 motorway it takes 20hours 40 minutes to drive to La Baule, so when we go to La Baule, or further up into Brittany, we just blast along the motorway to get there as quickly as possible. You could always stop at Angers and have alook around the town and the chateau there.

La Baule is a fairly typical French seaside town , with a very long superb beach. Just to the east of town is a large German blockhouse from WW2, which has been turned into a museum. If you are interested in WW2 history, there are the German U Boat pens at St Nazaire.

La Baule is fairly modern, but a short drive takes you to Guerande, which has an interesting old town, and then a bit further takes you to the old port of Le Croisic, which has a lot of character.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours to La Baule

Merci, Sunlover:

Driving straight to La Baule, and then taking a day or so to visit Guerande and the old port of Le Croisic sounds perfect. I believe I will pass on the WW II history this year (my President has been covering that for me).

I really appreciate your suggestions; the Web sites I have found have been soley hotel focused with little information about the towns or surrounding area.

My best, ~MarnieWDC

3. Re: Tours to La Baule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2009, 06:28