We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice small hotel just south of Tours?

Which Tours hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cirencester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
nice small hotel just south of Tours?

Hello, have decided upon an overnight stop just south of Tours to break journey from Calais to Vaunac. Can anyone recommend a smallish, reasonably priced hotel for a family of four (willing to share a room) and a couple? All help appreciated. Thank you.

Blois, France
Destination Expert
for Blois
Level Contributor
799 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nice small hotel just south of Tours?

Here's one-

www.moulinfrancueil.com/EN/Index_ang.htm

Cirencester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice small hotel just south of Tours?

Thank you. It does look lovely, but maybe a little expensive for one night, as we have splashed out on our main accomodation! Any other suggestions anyone? Thank you.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice small hotel just south of Tours?

Looking at the map, I would have thought that you would have choosen to travel down the A71 from Orleans. However, if you are heading down the N10 / A10, Sainte Maure de Touraine is just south of Tours, where there is Le Cheval Blanc, which is a small hotel.

http://www.hotel-restaurant-chevalblanc.com/

As I live not far from there, I have never stayed there, so cannot give you any personal feedback. The prices do seem reasonable however, and it has its own restaurant (which I have eaten at, and it was OK), and there are several other restaurants / pizzarias nearby.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,918 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nice small hotel just south of Tours?

ldf.reservit.com/reservit/fiche_htl.php…

As a rule Logis de France hotels are family run and inexpensive. I can't recommend it personally - far too close to home and all that for me to have stayed there.

Cirencester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nice small hotel just south of Tours?

Thank you Sunlover & WizardofAus, will look into both suggestions. Thought we would take the Tours route rather than through Orleans, to avoid Paris (let me know if you think this makes no sense!! - husband and friend organising route) Julie.

6. Re: nice small hotel just south of Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2009, 21:44
Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nice small hotel just south of Tours?

Julie

Your route avoiding Paris and coming down through Rouen and Tours makes sense.

You also have two good suggestions from CarolinaMD. I have dined at Le Moulin Fleuri, but have not stayed there. The food was very good, and yes, it is very difficult to find; it took me 30 minutes and a phone call to find it. The problem is that although the postal address is Veigné, it is much nearer Montbazon. However their web site does give GPS coordinates.

La Bihourderie is an excellent B&B. It is actually near Reignac sur Indre, slightly off your route (but not much) just at the side of the D943 Tours - Loches road. It is run by a very nice Welsh lady called Naomi, who is a good friend of ours.

Cirencester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nice small hotel just south of Tours?

Thank you Sunlover. I have sent in an availability request to Naomi. It looks very nice!

9. Re: nice small hotel just south of Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 05:19