We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling around Tours

Guernsey, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cycling around Tours

Hi can anyone tell me if Tours is cycle friendly, is it safe to cycle around the city? I want to see more of the city and walking takes too long.

Thanks

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,990 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cycling around Tours

French drivers are more aware of cyclists than UK drivers, an plenty of people do cycle around Tours. I haven't seen any accidents involving cyclists. Dunno if it's what you would call safe because thats a call only you can make.

There aren't many bike paths in the city, there are trams and buses, so assuming you're OK sharing the road with those as well as cars you'll be OK

Guernsey, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cycling around Tours

Thanks wizardofaus I think I'll drive in then decide whether to take the bikes off or use the transport

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,288 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cycling around Tours

From what I have seen as a visitor and a cyclist cycling around Tours is not bad especially if you are along the rivers. I will be returning to Tours and intend to hire a bike but will be keeping away from the new tram laneways for cycling from experience they are dangerous to cycle on and have seen a lot of people in Tours cycling along the track this week and was watching a group of teenagers having a race along it the other night this happened in Dublin a few years ago when the trams were introduced over here but away from the track plenty of nice roads and places to cycle to and you can bring the bike on the train now.

On the tram system if you are going to be in Tours for a few days drop in and get the 10 ticket pack it is better value and saves you time at the machines which are a bit confusing until you get used to them and the fact that you cannot use notes in them is a bit stupid as most people don't go around with a pocket full of change.

The €1.40 journey from the airport is very good value especially if you are not in a hurry and it makes the €6.50 charge on the bus seem very expensive.

4. Re: Cycling around Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 06:22