We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this possible?

Which Tours hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PHILADELPHIA,PA
Level Contributor
400 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is this possible?

Bonjour. I inquired for next year 26/5/2015 for 4 nights at the Hotel Ronsard. The gentleman at the hotel responded back to me and said they were booked. Really? A year in advance. I tried another hotel ( hotel Colbert) just through their website and got a generic no rooms available for your dates. I then went on Expedia and The Hotel Mirabeau and the Hotel du Manior also came up no rooms available. Is this possible? I was so bummed out when I received that personal email from Hotel Ronsard. I would have never thought my first 4 top pick hotels are already booked this far in advance. Any other suggestions? I thank you kindly.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this possible?

Maybe they haven't start to take reservation that far in advance ans that's why you can't find any available room anywhere.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this possible?

It's too early.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
598 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this possible?

way too early -------------->

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this possible?

Go onto Booking.Com which is the site I have used for my last 5 visits to Tours but I usually book them about 4 months in advance. Getting hotels will not be a problem sort out your flights etc. at the best prices then sort out the hotel.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,857 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this possible?

The other outside possibility is that there is some sort of major event planned in the area that clashes with your dates and all the hotels have blocked off casual reservations, it does happen sometimes. The Tours Tourist Office would be able to advise you if this were the case.

Otherwise, I would have said that you were asking much too early but am slightly puzzled that the Ronsard would have said that they were full rather than saying that were not taking bookings yet - but they may be down a language misunderstanding (or just possibly that they thought you were asking about late May 2014, not 2015).

Edited: 08 June 2014, 09:44
New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this possible?

Its too early. May be due to some event hotels are booked.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this possible?

I read your chosen dates overlaps a national pediatric congress.

http://www.sf-pediatrie.com/congres/congrès-sfp-2015-tours

PHILADELPHIA,PA
Level Contributor
400 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this possible?

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It's very appreciated.

9. Re: Is this possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:15