We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly hotels

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Dog friendly hotels

Can anyone recommend from experience a dog friendly hotel in the region. Looking for country hotel with grounds and not the Ibis, Novotel etc chains please unless they are in the country.

Thanks for any replies.

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly hotels

I'll pick up this orphan post because no-one with direct experience has so far come along.

You could try this website which I remembered seeing somewhere because it has such a memorable name ;)

http://www.bringfido.com/

When I entered Laon as the destination city it came up with some two dozen pet-friendly hotels within 30 miles. Some of these are the chains which you do not want, but there seem to be several hotels right in the country too.

I entered Laon in Picardy because I guess that in Champagne-Ardenne (where you have posted) there are not likely to be that many hotels in the countryside because it is more profitable to use the land to grow vineyards for champagne rather than to use it for hotels. But you could obviously try different places along the route.

Anyway, hope this helps by at least bumping up up your post.

Best of luck!

provence
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog friendly hotels

Many thanks for your reply.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
885 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog friendly hotels

If you are interested in THE champagne experience, Hotel Les Avises in Avize run by Domaine Jacques Selosse (a cult champagne house among enthusiasts) accept "well-trained" pets!

Small grounds but it is a lovely, intimate hotel.

selosse-lesavises.com/champagne-hotel-retaur…

provence
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog friendly hotels

Thank you - looks lovely and will look into it.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
885 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog friendly hotels

4 course dinner is €60pp, lunch is around €30-40pp I think. As the restaurant is open to the public, both get booked up quite quickly.

Edited: 10 January 2014, 11:26
6. Re: Dog friendly hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 06:19