We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick response is appreciated, we are already here!

Mendocino
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Quick response is appreciated, we are already here!

Hello!

My husband and I just arrived last night and we are here through the weekend. Do any of the champagne cellars not require a reservation? We are not so interested in the tours, just looking to taste wines while walking on the main street (near Moet, etc). If we see an open gate are we allowed to walk in and pay for tastings? Thank you!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick response is appreciated, we are already here!

The larger houses don't require an advance reservation. My wife and I visited a few years ago.

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick response is appreciated, we are already here!

Moet and Mercier should both be fine without reservation. The tours are different if you want to do both.

Mendocino
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick response is appreciated, we are already here!

Thank you for the quick reply!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
913 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick response is appreciated, we are already here!

There is an excellent grower-producer: Collard-Picard who have a boutique on the Avenue de Champagne where you can drop-in for a tasting next to number 13 - the large unoccupied house. St. Germain and A. Bergère further up the Avenue accept drop-in tastings.

There is a tasting bar C.Comme, part of Hôtel Jean Moët (head to the roundabout at the bottom of the Avenue de Champagne and turn right).

5. Re: Quick response is appreciated, we are already here!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:18