We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less morning trains from Paris to Reims on TGV now?

Which Reims hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wagga Wagga...
Level Contributor
696 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Less morning trains from Paris to Reims on TGV now?

I'm planning a day trip from Paris to Reims Wednesday 12 June. Tickets are finally onsale with TGV, but the number of trains seems to be less than for June last year (I've been planning this for a while!) The choice now is to leave Paris at 7.58am - arrive Reims 8.44am (bit too early for us) or leave Paris at 10.28am arrive Reims 11.16am (too late).

When I was planning last year there was a train that left Paris at 8.58am - arrived Reims 9.44am, which was perfect timing. Has this train been discontinued? Or do they add trains closer to the date and should I wait before booking?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,856 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Less morning trains from Paris to Reims on TGV now?

On tgv-europe, looking for trains from Paris to Reims on 12 June, I can see one leaving Paris Gare de l'Est at 08.40 and arriving at Champagne-Ardenne TGV station (8 km from Reims) at 09.20.

Wagga Wagga...
Level Contributor
696 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Less morning trains from Paris to Reims on TGV now?

Yes thanks, I saw that too Nick, but it's the direct Paris-Reims train I'm after (want to do a 10am tour that leaves from near that station). Tickets to Champagne-Ardenne are over twice the price, and the 8.58am train I quoted from Paris last June was the direct to Reims one.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Less morning trains from Paris to Reims on TGV now?

Looking at www.voyages-sncf. com for June 12 I see a train just about every hour for as low as 15 euros.

Wagga Wagga...
Level Contributor
696 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Less morning trains from Paris to Reims on TGV now?

Thanks StCirq, but when I look on voyages-sncf there are only 2 trains with 15 euro fares for Paris-Reims (not Champagne-Ardenne) are the ones I've quoted - ie departing Paris at either 7.58am or 10.28am. Are you really seeing another Paris-Reims fare in between those times?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,262 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Less morning trains from Paris to Reims on TGV now?

So take the tram that runs from Champagne-Ardenne into the city.

6. Re: Less morning trains from Paris to Reims on TGV now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 05:16