We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should we stay

Which Reims hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where should we stay

We will in Reims for only two nights over a weekend in August. We are trying to choose between staying in the city center or the Chateau Crayeres. We are hoping to visit one champagne house but we are primarily interested in visiting the city. If we choose Les Crayeres are we able to walk into Reims? We are also interested in recommendations for a hotel in the city .

Many thanks for your help.

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should we stay

Crayeres is not a difficult walk into the center of the city; as I recall, it is about a 10-15 minute walk,. It is a wonderful place to stay. The restaurant is great, the grounds are lovely and the rooms are what you would expect from a high end place. They offer their guests a VIP visit/tasting to one of the champagne houses close by (Pommery, I believe ). We have stayed there twice and loved every minute of each stay (except, of course, the bill).

Worth it!

jhgrady

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,087 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should we stay

We also enjoyed the Chateau, especially the tasting menu with matching champagnes. As I recall , it is an easy walk to Veuve Clicquot and Taittinger champagne houses.

3. Re: Where should we stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:17