We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Sunday in Reims

kansas city
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Easter Sunday in Reims

Unfortunately, our schedule at the moment is putting us in Reims Easter weekend, April 19 - 21. My guess is that ALL of the champagne houses will be closed for tours. Can anyone confirm this?

Then my next question is, does all of France close down Easter weekend? We would like to plan accordingly.

Thank you so much for any information/advice/suggestions. We will be so grateful.

k

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Sunday in Reims

The Easter week-end topic has been discussed quite extensively over the last few weeks. I don't about the champagne houses in particular but the general concensus seems to be that while Good Friday is considered a normal working day, Easter Sunday and Monday are days when most supermarkets, shops and restaurants will be closed.

The situation may be different in the cities, Reims included, and I'm sure someone will answer your question more specifically.

Aside from Easter, Sunday in France is usually a quiet day. Some of the smaller supermarkets open until lunchtime and many restaurants (even those in some hotels) are closed during the evening.

Edited: 23 February 2014, 01:01
Essex
Level Contributor
27,631 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Sunday in Reims

Mass in the Cathedral on Easter Sunday, would be worth a "look" I suspect...

kansas city
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Sunday in Reims

Thank you both PamjoHertfordshire and EssexWanderer for your quick replies. I can only imagine what Mass would be like in the Cathedral Easter Sunday. Quite an event I’m sure.

We are planning to alter our travel plans so we will be traveling on Easter Sunday. As suggested, I have tried to contact several of the Houses to see if they will be open on Saturday, April 19th... keeping fingers crossed!

Thank you

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter Sunday in Reims

I'm heading over there tomorrow until Sunday & have had similar questions whilst planning.

I've found that most, if not all, houses are open this Saturday & I have been in contact with a few of the smaller, more rural producers to arrange a visit at their houses.

Now looking to see if there are any special events happening over the weekend

Have fun!

kansas city
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter Sunday in Reims

THank you for your reply. we head there this Friday leaving Sunday staying in city center and were able to secure two tours on Saturday at Veuve Clicquot and Ruinart. We changed our schedule to make this Sunday and Monday travel days because of the holiday.

Hope to see you there.

kim

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter Sunday in Reims

Kim....how did you go about securing your tour of Ruinart? I have tried with no response.

kansas city
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter Sunday in Reims

Hi Klrtravls, I contacted Ruinart through this address:

visites-receptions@ruinart.com

and here is the contact info of the person who answered:

Ksénia Sohier

Visits and Receptions dept

Champagne Ruinart

4 rue des Crayères

F-51100 REIMS

tel 33 (0)3 26 77 51 21

fax 33 (0)3 26 82 88 43

I hope this helps. I can’t remember for sure, but I think I sent more than one email asking for a tour. Then she had to figure out if there would be an English tour in the afternoon since we had already booked Veuve for the morning.

Let me know if I can help with any other information.

kim

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easter Sunday in Reims

Thank you kim! I had sent my request to a different email address, so I will try this one! How long will you be in France? Please post your impressions of the champagne cellers that you visit, I will look forward to reading your reviews!

9. Re: Easter Sunday in Reims

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 05:15