We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip from Paris

Boonton, New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
Day Trip from Paris

I am thinking of doing a day trip to Reims via train from Paris with my wife in July. We were looking to do a tour/tasting of 2 or 3 houses and doing a little site seeing while in Reims. Can we get around on foot to do this or are we going to have to get a taxi to drive us to the Champagne Houses? if we need a taxi, how hard is it to find one in town and to get picked back up after the tour? thanks in advance

Special Offer
Champagne Tour from Paris with Two...
812 reviews
from US$155.51*
US$187.40
Likely To Sell Out
Wine Day Trip from Paris to Champagne
18 reviews
from US$289.20*
Small-Group Day Tour of Reims and...
87 reviews
from US$150.90*
Champagne Region Small-Group Day Trip...
417 reviews
from US$313.10*
Essex
Level Contributor
29,118 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip from Paris

Most of the Champagne houses are walkable, but there are buses, taxis and the new trams to get you around, if you prefer.

Personally I reckon 2 Champagne House visits are enough, after that, they start to become somewhat same-y but ymmv.

Reims has much else to offer than Champers though, marvellous as the fizzy stuff is. Shame to miss out on an awesome Cathedral, WW2 Museum of the Surrender, and other things...

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip from Paris

I am also hoping to visit Reims, in the summer.

This website for the tourism board is quite useful: reims-tourism.com/musee-saint-remi/commune/t…

3. Re: Day Trip from Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 07:16