We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation in Reims from TGV to Verve Clicquot

Chicago
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation in Reims from TGV to Verve Clicquot

A few of us are planning to take the TGV from Paris to Reims for a visit to the Verve Clicquot cellars. Is the Verve Clicquot within walking distance from the TGV from Paris or will we required a taxi or other transportation in Reims? If so, what is the best way to get from the TGV to VC?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
877 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation in Reims from TGV to Verve Clicquot

Veuve Clicquot-Ponsardin is not walking distance from the TGV station. Your best bet would be to get a taxi. You can get a local train to from the TGV station to Reims but it is still a bit of a hike across town.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
828 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation in Reims from TGV to Verve Clicquot

I was just there yesterday. I took the TGV from Paris directly to Reims. It took about 45-50 minutes. There are taxis at the train station. I did HG Mumm which I walked to from the station. Also did the market, Notre Dame Cathedral and Palais du Tau and lunch. I should have spent more time there. It was a good day. You will enjoy it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation in Reims from TGV to Verve Clicquot

Hi! Do you remember how much the taxis were approx from the train station to Veuve? I'm debating on whether to hire a guide for 1/2 day or try to do the tours by ourselves. Thanks!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
877 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation in Reims from TGV to Verve Clicquot

Hiring a guide is a waste of money for something you can easily arrange yourself with a few emails.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation in Reims from TGV to Verve Clicquot

I planned this day on my own. We will be taking the train from Paris in the morning. We will stop in Reims visitors center before joining a two hour walking tour. I have three champagne cellar tours set up for the afternoon, taittinger, veuve clicquot and mumm (May change mumm to ruinart if I hear back from them) I set up all visits by email. Hopefully we have time to eat and enjoy more champagne before heading back to Paris on the 745 pm fast train!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation in Reims from TGV to Verve Clicquot

Thanks! I figured as much...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation in Reims from TGV to Verve Clicquot

@klrtravls Would you mind sharing info about the 2-hour walking tour? Also did you take taxis between champagne houses? Your day sounds exactly like what my husband and I would like to do when we visit at the end of June.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 20:08
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation in Reims from TGV to Verve Clicquot

Hi KayEmKay.......sent you a message with the link.

Santa Rosa...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation in Reims from TGV to Verve Clicquot

I have the same question as kltravls, most specifically if we should take taxis between the champagne houses/tours...

Thanks much for the info!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
877 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation in Reims from TGV to Verve Clicquot

It is possible to walk! VCP, Taittinger, Pommery and Ruinart are a 20 minute stroll from the town centre and within a 15 minute walking radius.