We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report June 11th - June 22nd

Israel
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
trip report June 11th - June 22nd

We had a lovely family trip based in Calvi with children 1 and 3

Our accomodation was at the Rateau Bavoir, on the strip of Calvi with all the hotels and right near international camping - which had a great pizza place. Every evening I took the baby in the stroller to the marina and it was an easy and pleasant walk (though some evening were quite windy).

We did short day trips -

1. Citadel in Calvi + shops

2. Saint Antoninio, where we had fresh lemon juice and then started the walk to Convent de Corbara - but gave up in the middle when we saw the steep section. We also stopped at Pigna and had a great Fiadora there.

3. train tram to Ille rouse at 09:30 - got very, very crouded and hot . The way back at 14:30 was much nicer because it was less crouded. We enjoyed Ille rouse a lot , especially the covered market and the playground next to the beach. So we also returned there a second time.

4. Valley Restonica - we skipped Corte,(mostly because we couldn't seem to find a good place to park and it looked so steep and big compared to the villages we had visited) - it didn't seem very inviting for walking around. We stopped for a dip in the river and ate at a nice restaurant at a campground there (name starts with T)

5. Bonifatu forest- much closer to Calvi and also has a nice river for dipping. This time, we did a real hike - it was marked on the map as a 2hour hike - but took us 3 hours. (we were carrying the girls on our backs) . The views were breathtaking! And we had great weather - with clouds but no rain

6. Parc de Saleccia -there is a fabulous play area for children. Though we didn't find the petting area there - there were plenty of plants to see. It was also interesting to see groups of local children that were taken there. Though it was really too hot a day to really be outside

7. Columbus line boat ride to Scandola reserve with a stop at Girolata. We saw Dolphins on the way - and the reserve itself is really great. Girolata had an interesting isolated feel to it (though of course we were there when it's crouded with the cruise people).

8. There was a musical festival in Calvi on our last day there (21st).

Though the performance we heard sounded to me like regular french music (Edith Piaf)

In the afternoons we went to

-Calvi beach - very nice, but the water was a bit cold. Back where I come from (Israel) the water is much warmer (28c)

-The residence swimming pool - my older daughters favorite acitivity!

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report June 11th - June 22nd

What a great report - may thanks. You did a lot in your time here. DTR

w62
London
Level Contributor
797 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report June 11th - June 22nd

Thanks for a great report.

It's made me very envious and I wish we were going again this year.

3. Re: trip report June 11th - June 22nd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 19:18