We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tizzano

Warwick
Level Contributor
404 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Tizzano

We have booked a apartment at Tizzano in May as a base, we choose this as it is reported as a small village with minimum facilites, which is what we like.

Looking for advise on must see sites/towns in the area and if anyone can tell me location of the nearest major supermarket.

If fact any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tizzano

Tizzano is lovely. If you are Ok for cash then have lunch at Chez Antoine.

Must do is go to Bonifacio.I would strongly recommend going to Roccapina beach which is slightly better than Tizzano but with no facilities.

Nearest supermarket is, I think, Simply in Sartene.

Warwick
Level Contributor
404 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tizzano

Thanks Exeman, what condition is the track/road leading to Tizzano?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tizzano

By Corsican standards really good. Roccapina is literally a dirt track but well worth it.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tizzano

Roccapina sprung to my mind when I replied earlier about reaching beaches on a rutted piste - we went down to Roccapina in a little Renault Clio a couple of years ago and it bottomed all the time on the track, thank goodness no damage to the underside of the car (apparently) but I don't think the insurance would have covered us in the event of breakdown as we were technically "off road". Its a risk you take I think driving down to beaches like that.

Rondinara is a good beach which is now reached by a decent although wiggly road, so would be more risk free so to speak. Its a lot further from Tizzano though. The beaches all around Porto Vecchio are reached by decent roads and have large car parks, they are more geared up for tourists.

Warwick
Level Contributor
404 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tizzano

Thanks, we have booked accomadation in Tizzano, so we will get out and about to explore. Will be taking extra CDW insurance as recommended in other thread.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,133 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tizzano

Anybody know the name of the gorgeous beach not far from the harbor where there are one or two outdoor cafes/restaurants right on the beach?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tizzano

That is Tizzano as well.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,133 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tizzano

Thanks Ex...We don't like to repeat visits in Europe since there's so much to see but Corsica is SO gorgeous that I hope we can return. Thanks again.

9. Re: Tizzano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2010, 05:16