We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer 2011

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Summer 2011

4 adults and 2 under 6's! Now that we have to travel in school holidays, how do we get a reasonably priced self catering holiday in Corsica without taking out a second mortgage?

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer 2011

The problem here is travelling in the school holidays (as you know) where in August the prices for hotels etc can almost double. The last 2 weeks of July can be cheaper. Try www.abritel.fr - a website with lots of property to rent on Corsica with an English translation should you need it. I would have thought a party of 6 in a mid sized villa or house has to be the cheapest way to visit Corsica in high season. You will need to book very early for August. Good luck !

Bristol England
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer 2011

we have just returned from 2 weeks in Corsica and we camped

On some sites they have tents already set up or bungalows which could be cheaper

The bigger sites were very clean and had good facilities

I have written a blog on our adventures if you look at our profile

Its a wonderful place to go and we all loved it

Level Contributor
890 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer 2011

Great blog article. Sounds like a fab holiday. I am always surprised that Bastia gets such a bad press as I think it's a great town and love pottering around there. If you go back in your camper van I would recommend exploring more of La Balagne area as it is very special (in my op).

Level Contributor
71 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer 2011

We've just returned from the Residence Rateau Bavoir in Calvi and would definately recommend it for a family holiday close to beach and town and with a lovely shared pool. Charming rather than luxurious. Only downside is it's close a busy road which you need to cross to get to the beach. The chalets are quite small but can sleep 6 with 2 on the sofa bed, or you could rent both a 2 bed chalet and a studio next door if you want a bit more space. You can either book directly with the owner or through Direct Corsica, I think at the same price.

Wherever you go, we thought Corsica was wonderful, so have a great holiday.

Level Contributor
173 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer 2011

Try and search for dates that avoid 1-15th August- this really is when all the Frenchies take their summer holidays and it is really very high season in France.

I would recommend homeholidays.com- I've found countless fabulous B&B's and houses to rent there- an owner will be happy to book their villas nearly 8 months ahead so you might get a good bargain now.... no harm trying.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,418 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer 2011

Villas and apartments in Corsica are available through VFBholidays.

We stayed in a house in Figari, and visited three beaches a day, with a pool besides.

Montreal, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Summer 2011

We have a nice villa for rent for a family the peak

season price is 2 100$/week: 4 rooms (queen, double, single, single) swimming room, fully equiped.

In the Ajaccio beach area. It is a great place to be in family.

If you want more info and picture do not hesitate: adeline.fleury@gmail.com

Edited: 22 March 2011, 20:21
8. Re: Summer 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 16:16