We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North or South for 2 Day stay

Berkshire...
Level Contributor
11 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
North or South for 2 Day stay

My husband and I are traveling to Corsica early Oct. at the end of a 2 week trip to France. We only have two days and want to know whether we should go North or South - Fly into Bastia or Fiagri - Should we drive, hire a driver ??? We are limited on walking/hiking mountains and are looking for true flavor less touristy. Thanks!

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North or South for 2 Day stay

I honestly don't think it matters. I guess any area would suit with the possible exception of the east coast, which is mainly for beach holidays.

I've never experienced hiring a driver, which I think would be prohibitively expensive, so I would go for a hire car if you can get one for two days.

New York City
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North or South for 2 Day stay

I agree with aardvark.

We just returned yesterday from a 3 night Corsica, 8 night Sardinia driving trip. This was our third visit to Corsica, and this time we stayed on the south east, one night in Propriano, 1 night near Cargese in Sagone, and our last night near Ajaccio. We car ferried from Nice to Ajaccio, round trip.

The areas are beautiful and you will have a great time. The roads are pretty good so driving a car should not be much of a problem.

If you can add a day or two to Corsica, it would be very worthwhile. It is a very special place in a beautiful and pristine area.

Have a great time.

Berkshire...
Level Contributor
11 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North or South for 2 Day stay

Thanks so much for your feedback. Unfortunately, we are unable to modify our stay....I wish we could. We have decided to fly into Figari and are staying at the Casa del Mar - We have found that many hotels were already booked in a number of places - Any info on the Porto Vecchio area? Thanks again.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,539 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North or South for 2 Day stay

If you are flying into Figari, your time would be better spent in Bonifacio rather than Porto Vecchio. It's a beautiful old town, with a lovely port. Don't neglect the older district up above which has wonderful little rambling streets, restaurants and churches.

Berkshire...
Level Contributor
11 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North or South for 2 Day stay

Thanks so much - I'll check into it and see what's available for hotels! Warm regards.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North or South for 2 Day stay

Casadelmar is out of the town near the beach. There are plently of beaches in the area that are worth visting but you will need a car. Definitely visit Bonifacio but you're right not to stay there as I think the standard of hotels are not as nice.

7. Re: North or South for 2 Day stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2011, 04:16