We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting San Antonino - advice please.

w62
London
Level Contributor
840 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
visiting San Antonino - advice please.

We are going to Calvi in June and it will be OH's first visit to the island. I very much want him to see San Antonino. However, he has recently suffered a leg injury which means he will be unable to drive for at least 6 months (drat!) and I can't drive. The only way I can think of visiting is to go on the half day old villages tour. But that only stops at SA for half an hour and I would really like to spend more time there.

Do any of you Calvi experts know if there are any dedicated trips to San Antonino?

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting San Antonino - advice please.

The bus service in the interior is pretty poor, so I'm not sure what to advise. My only suggestion is take a taxi, asking the driver to come back at a particular time - but it won't be cheap! Your "OH" will need to take it easy when he's in the village too, as it's quite hilly with some very step alleyways.

w62
London
Level Contributor
840 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting San Antonino - advice please.

Thanks Derekthered. I suspect you are right and that taxi is the only way. I guess I was just hoping that maybe a new trip had started. I think we will just make do with the half hour stop during the Old Villages tour. I'll make suer OH is careful when scrambling around those old cobbled streets too!