We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gr20

Randers, Denmark
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
gr20

my son and i will do som gr20 end of june.

we arrive from bastia with car. the car is our problem. so im thinking to divide the trip 3 days out from Haut Asco.

then driving to Corte and walk 3-4 days.

look forwardard to some suggestions

Hillerod, Denmark
Level Contributor
294 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gr20

Hi carl b,

I affraid there is no magic solution to your problem. You could leave the car in Haut Asco and then make the 3 day trips to Calenzana. I think the only realistic way to get back to the car again in Haut Asco would be to hitch hike. A taxi will cost several hundred Euros. I have done this before and found it quite easy - the hitch hiking I mean - the GR20 is no stroll in the park, but certainly worth your while.

Have a great vacation.

Kind regards

Trine (www.algajola.dk)

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gr20

I echo Trine's warning. The GR20 is a serious challenge to the fittest of hikers and should not be undertaken lightly. I'm a little confused about just what you are doing. Corte is not on the GR20 and Haut Asco seems a somewhat peculiar choice. Far better I would have thought to choose somewhere that has reasonable pubic transport, the prime example being Vizzavona, which has a train station and bus services. The GR200 passes through few villages and travel back to anywhere is going to be very difficult. You might be better to consider the other long distance footpaths on the island, Mare a Mare and Mare e Monte north central and south do at least pass through villages regularly giving you more options.

3. Re: gr20

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Corsica