We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Corte to Porto and back

London, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day trip from Corte to Porto and back

Are we trying to take on too much on a day trip? We'll be driving form Corte with 2 kids, stopping briefly at Evisa, walking a small bit of the Spelunca gorge [from les deux ponts d'ota to pont de zaglia and back], maybe stop at Ota for lunch, then onto Porto for a boat trip around the Calanques de Piana, then possibly Bussaglia beach for the kids to swim. Then the return journey to Corte [we're not fast drivers on holiday]. Is there anything absolutely essential we've missed which is on route? Thanks. Barry L.

London, United...
Level Contributor
923 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Corte to Porto and back

What energy! I think I would be exhausted fitting all that into a day, but such is youth. You could do it - check the boat timetables though, because by the time you've walked and had lunch it could be about 3pm and they may not go that late. It would be disappointing to go all the way to Porto and not do a boat trip, which is the one thing not to miss. You may also find you need to book in advance. Also, did you mean a boat trip round the Calanques de Piana or a boat trip round Scandola/to Girolata ? I have the impression that there are many more opportunities for the latter than the former - the Scandola tour is great anyway even if that's all you can get. If you can't get a boat tour round the Calanches, you would want to drive up there too.

Some people find the drive from Corte up the gorge and over the top to Porto a bit hairy (not me, I hasten to add) and it is slow and tiring, not remotely possible to drive fast, so actually yes I think you are trying to do too much. I'd go straight for the walk along the gorge first (it will already be quite hot by the time you get there unless you leave at 6 or 7 am, which would be a good plan) then the boat trip, fit in in lunch where you can, and see how much time and energy you have for the beach and Evisa on the way back. Or skip the walk as well.

Builth Wells...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Corte to Porto and back

A few weeks ago the road from Ota to Porto was being rebuilt so could still be very slow.

3. Re: Day trip from Corte to Porto and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Corsica
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now