We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who do you book with?

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Who do you book with?

Hi

I visited Corsica a couple of years ago and I loved it so much I am desperate to go back. However, money is a little tighter this year so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on which agent to use for booking? We used VFB Holidays last time, who were great as insurance and car hire is all in. Can anyone better them for quality/price?

We usually go for self-catering in small gite-type accommodation, not hotels. The only restriction is no camping, as my other half just won't rough it!

Any money-saving hints much appreciated. We'd like to go at the very end of August as the prices drop off, or early September.

Thanks

Greef

Mentioned in this post
Corsica
Corsica
France
Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who do you book with?

Corsica ain't cheap, I'm afraid and late August is not a cheap time to go. However, in your position I'd take a look at Thomsons who are not quite as expensive as some others - and be sure to book on line as it tends to be cheaper than booking by phone.

I doubt if you will save much by doing your own arrangements in August.

Mentioned in this post
Corsica
Corsica
France
w62
London
Level Contributor
971 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who do you book with?

Try Holiday options - see my review of A Merula Apts. There were quite a few empty rooms there this month so you might be able to book for August. As my review says though, they are quiet and noise is prohibited so bear this in mind if you do consider them.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Who do you book with?

Thank you for you replies - I only just realised you'd sent responses as my 'puter didn't tell me!

As it turns out the other half and brother-in-law have talked me into Aquitaine this year rather than Corsica. I make it sound like such a hardship when it isn't - I love France full stop!

I will get back to Corsica one day though - I just hope it doesn't get overdeveloped in the meantime.

Greef

Mentioned in this post
Corsica
Corsica
France
France
France
Europe
4. Re: Who do you book with?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 15:16