We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Figara, ferry Bonifacio to Sardinia

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
310 posts
300 reviews
Save Topic
Figara, ferry Bonifacio to Sardinia

flying into Figara Corsica mid June (a Saturday), hire car, straight to Bonifacio to get ferry

to Sardinia (St. Therese) any tips on car collection, direct route,S road signs to ferry services and once we get to other side, directions to San Panteleone would be appreciated as it will be fairly late on and don't want to spend time in the mountains lost and arrive at hotel late and tired and disgruntled!

London, United...
Level Contributor
873 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Figara, ferry Bonifacio to Sardinia

Have you checked that you can take the rental car across from Corsica to Sardinia? This usually presents a problem.... If you don't tell them, it will probably invaidate your insurance.

Or are you picking up a separate car in Sardinia?

Edited: 26 January 2014, 05:15
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Figara, ferry Bonifacio to Sardinia

Many car hire companies don't allow you to take the car over if they do allow it you would have to pay for the recovery of the car if it breaks down mt advice would be to take the bus to bonifacio take the ferry over as a foot passenger and then rent a car in Santa Teresa, and do the reverse on the way home.

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
310 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Figara, ferry Bonifacio to Sardinia

We are hiring a car through an agent together with the holiday 'package' so I had assumed that they would have reckoned with this - but it is a very good point, which I hadn't even considered, and will raise with them. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention!

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
310 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Figara, ferry Bonifacio to Sardinia

The company Corsican places organised the ferry with the car hire , absolutely no problems whatsoever . I can thoroughly recommend this organisation as the whole trip was effortless

5. Re: Figara, ferry Bonifacio to Sardinia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:16